GET LINKEDIN – NOT LEFT OUT!
Can your LinkedIn Profile use a little sprucing up?
Your LinkedIn Profile is not a duplication of your résumé. It’s strategic writing summarizing your professional background, special skills and unique personality! Space is limited – every word counts!
Follow this checklist and ask yourself the following questions about your LinkedIn Profile:
- Is the headline creative? Does it make a great first impression?
- Is the photo professional?
- Does the summary capture the reader’s attention quickly?
- Does your experience highlight proud accomplishments?
- Are bullets used to showcase a bit of creativity?
- Are professional keywords sprinkled in?
- Are your skills relevant and up-to-date?
- Do you have recommendations?
- Have you completed any special projects?
- Are relevant honors, awards, languages, courses, patents or publications mentioned?
- Do you have any relevant volunteer experience?
- Do you have a website, phone number or email address to share?
- Is it written in first person highlighting your unique personality?
- Is it interesting? Does it capture the reader’s attention or put them to sleep?
- Last but not least – are there any spelling or grammatical errors?
In this competitive job market, employers and hiring managers expect successful candidates to have a well-written LinkedIn Profile.
Your final LinkedIn Profile will be submitted electronically as a Word document for you to copy and paste into your Profile.
Connect with Laura Slawson on LinkedIn, call or text 732-610-8946 / email LCSlawson@msn.com /complete the “Contact Us” page.
I will get back to you within 24 hours… that’s my promise!