elcome to The Creative Advantage, LLC
“Improving Lives with Better Careers. One Resume at a time.”
Featured on: CNBC-MAKE IT !
Featured on: WTBQ – Creativity & Technology Solutions for Business & Life Show
Summer Hours: Monday – Thursday 10 am to 6 pm – Closed Fridays through Labor Day
Thank you for stopping by! I’m Laura Slawson, CCM, CPRW, CIO Credentialed Career Manager (one of fewer than 20 worldwide!), Certified Professional Résumé Writer and Chief Inspirational Officer at The Creative Advantage located in Fair Lawn, NJ (the heart of Bergen County, NJ) and serving clients virtually cross the entire United States.
Executive Résumé Writing is my specialty! Let’s build a great career story together!
When you call a professional resume writer, you need someone who listens to your story, has insight to your specific needs and is compassionate.
My biggest thrill is when a client says, “I love my résumé!” “I’m getting interviews!” “I can’t believe I did all this!” “I’m Hired!”
I enjoy making people feel good about themselves. My career documents empower you to interview with confidence. I don’t just type your resume and provide a boring list of daily responsibilities, anyone can do that. I am a skilled writer who brings out your personality, writes in your voice, markets your valuable skills, highlights your proud accomplishments, and composes a “career story” unique to you! With objectivity, I see what you may not see.
I collaborate with C-Suite and Mid-Level Executives, and specialize helping the “Over 50 Job Seeker.” You worked hard to get where you are today, the documents you need to move up to the positions you deserve must capture what sets you apart. I want you to look great on paper! I tailor my writing directly to your needs. I do not offer “gold,” “silver,” or “bronze” packages. I treat you as an individual, not a package. As a writer, it is my responsibility to be certain that what I provide you delivers synergy and honesty. That’s why you’ll work only with me, not with contract writers who won’t get to know you as well as I will.
I’m excited about helping you land a career you enjoy and deserve.
Why work with Laura?
· Exclusive Writing. I compose each document exclusively by getting to know you individually. There are no other writers.
· Professional Development. I am current on cutting-edge trends in career development and writing.
· Support. I relieve your stress, and the best way to do this is to listen. Really listening means you’ll find our conversations easy and comfortable.
· Responsiveness. I respond to calls and emails within 24 hours – period!
· Timeliness. I deliver your documents on time – every time!
· Collaboration. I ensure you are well informed each step along the way.
Your professional investment will be fair and competitive! No two clients have the same needs, goals and requirements, that’s why I do not post prices on this website. We chat, then once I understand your situation, I quote your investment. I want to deliver the best possible investment. In fact, I hope you’ll be able to recoup the entire amount of your investment in your first week on the job!
Your investment in hiring me reflects years of writing, professional training, certifications, continuing education, and more than 25 years’ corporate business experience. Each career document I create for you will empower you to step out in confidence!.
As a published author, I have composed more than 50 articles on career development and have been featured on The Creativity and Technology Solutions for Business and Life Radio Show. I’ve presented webinars on résumé writing and career development, am a pro-bono writer for a Marines Foundation and endorsed by executive search firms throughout metropolitan New York City and New Jersey. I compose career documents for clients throughout the USA!
I have an entrepreneurial spirit! This is my third successful business!
I have corporate experience. I have worked together with C-Suite executives in Fortune 100 companies across a variety of industries my entire career.
I am a proud member of the following professional organizations:
· Certified Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW) / Professional Association of Résumé Writers and Career Coaches (PARW/CC)
· Credentialed Career Manager (I am one of fewer than 20 CCMs Worldwide!) Certified by Career Thought Leaders / Résumé Writing Academy (CTL/RWA)
· Published Book Reviewer / Career Planning and Adult Development Network Journal (CPAD)
· International Virtual Assistants Association *Preferred Partner* (IVAA)
· Career Thought Leaders / Résumé Writing Academy (CTL/RWA)
· National Résumé Writing Association (NRWA)
· Be A Résumé Writer (BARW)
The heart of my business are satisfied clients who continually send referrals.
Visit the Testimonial Tab to see what satisfied clients are saying.
Thank you again for stopping by. Let’s continue the conversation at 732-610-8946.
My consultation lasts about 20 minutes.
I look forward to your call.