We Specialize in Resumes for the Over 50 Job Seeker!
As a Certified Professional Resume Writer and corporate employee for 25+, I can empathize with the job seeker who is over 50. This is the reason I specialize in assisting job seekers in their 50’s, 60’s and beyond! I’ve been there! I have composed resumes for clients in their mid-70s who still want to work and have gotten hired with a resume created by The Creative Edge.
Your 50’s, 60’s and beyond are still top-earning years. People confide in me and say, “I’m too young to stop working.” “How can I find a job, I’m almost 60?” In this age group, people are experienced, passionate and relevant. These are the “Boomers” noted for their solid work ethic, who are always willing to learn and try new things and want to remain valuable contributors to the work force.
The Creative Edge puts the over 50 job seeker at ease. With comfortable conversation, consultations to discuss your needs are always complimentary. I take time to listen to your story. I take time to craft your document. I take time even after the job is done to send emails, newsletters and notes of encouragement, just to “keep in touch.” In this age of “impersonal,” The Creative Edge is a uniquely “personal” business which makes it so successful.
The Creative Edge highlights an over 50 jobseeker has to offer that a younger worker may only aspire to. We compose a dynamic résumé or LinkedIn Profile that shows a potential hiring manager you are experienced, relevant, and up to the challenge of competing in today’s tough job market. We will create compelling documents that highlight:
- Your technical expertise (which is so important today).
- Your breadth of leadership and decision-making skills.
- Your unbeatable, solid work ethic!
- Your forward-thinking, energetic and positive attitude showing you’re open to new possibilities and always willing to learn.
- By trimming back your work history to the past 10-15 years.
- By adding your education and leaving off dates that are not necessary now.
- By highlighting leadership, decision-making and loyalty.
- By ensuring your wide-breadth of experience and commitment to goals are showcased.
- By making sure your email address is current and conservative.
- By listing any relevant, current continuing classes and certifications you have earned.
It’s safe to say you’ve been working 20-25 years. What have potential employers said about you? You have the perfect opportunity at this stage in your career, to showcase your professional endorsements on a resume, LinkedIn Profile or professional bio that a younger worker may not even have yet!
And most importantly … Accomplishments! Accomplishments! Accomplishments!
Need to figure out what your accomplishments are? Ask yourself some key questions:
- “What have I done in the past that I have been complimented on?”
- “Have I saved money, increased the bottom-line or implemented a new procedure?”
- “Have I earned awards?”
- “Do I have complimentary emails, reference letters or job evaluations that can be used in an endorsement section?”
You get the idea! These questions will lead you directly to an effective accomplishments or endorsements section that can be easily added to your Resume, LinkedIn profile or Professional Biography. A detailed questionnaire provided by The Creative Edge will help you “dig deep” and uncover your hidden accomplishments and talents.
This is the second-half of your career … what would you like to do? Start a new venture? Become a mentor? Work part-time? Work from home? Volunteer? Work with pets or children?
“WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?”
THE POSSIBILITIES FOR THE OVER 50 JOB SEEKER ARE ENDLESS!
STEP OUT IN CONFIDENCE WITH A DYNAMIC RESUME PREPARED BY THE CREATIVE EDGE!